Palm Leaf Plates – the natural choice for your summer barbeque or picnic.
We're very excited to launch this range of eco-friendly plates and bowls on our website and hope to be widening the range over the coming months. Made from nothing but fallen palm leaves and water, they are non-toxic, biodegradable, compostable, durable, lightweight, convenient and stylish. In the whole manufacuring process no trees are felled and no chemicals, resins, gums, lacquers or stabilisers are used. It’s just an eco-friendly, inspired use of a natural waste material!
How they are made:
- Every palm tree naturally sheds 6 to 7 leaves a year. These extremely strong leaves are pressure washed and then soaked in purified water.
- They are heated to 180C, which sterilises the plates.
- A hydraulic press creates the different shapes.
- The edges are trimmed and compressed air removes dust particles.
- Finally the plates undergo UV sterilisation to guarantee hygiene.
A great alternative to paper or plastic plates and they can even be used in the microwave! When you've finished with them, just throw them on the compost heap.